The intelligent treatment of your waste water systems.
The challenges of a waste water treatment system depend strongly on the water quality. Kurita develops differentiated products and solutions for waste water treatment to improve water quality, whilst respecting the relevant legislation and the environment. Due to increased environmental sensitivity and today’s legislative restrictions, most industrial plants which use water already have waste water treatment plants. The different Kurita technologies carefully adapt to the needs of each plant through the optimization and improvement of the water quality while reducing operating costs. We provide complete solutions for an efficient and optimized waste water treatment and improved water reuse in your facilities and work closely with our customers to reduce the discharges to a minimum level as one of our main targets.
What kind of specialty products does Kurita provide?
We offer a complete and innovative treatment program for a wide range of applications.
- Kuriflock/Gilufloc®, Ferrofloc®: Natural, organic, inorganic or mixed coagulants and adsorbing agents.
- Kuriflock/Gilufloc®, Ferrocryl®: Wide range of anionic, cationic, non-ionic and amphoteric flocculants, available as powder, water based or emulsions.
- Kuriflock/Gilufloc®, Ferrocryl®: Specific agents for sludge treatment which help to separate the water from the sludge particles.
- Kuriflock and Ferrolin®: Natural, organic emulsion splitters, able to react at neutral pH and without heating for a better valorization of exhausted oil and emulsions.
- Innovative emulsion breakers for a sharp oil water separation.
- Natural and organic oil dewatering agents reducing the concentrated oil quantities by decreasing to a minimum the amount of water in oil.
Biological waste water treatment:
- Biotreat: Chemical preparations used for activated sludge systems.
- Biobooster: Series of dry microorganisms and nutrients to regenerate your biological systems without side effects in the subsequent steps.
- Innovative technologies to improve the capacity of the biological plant and to strengthen the biology against poison peaks for an optimal reduction of COD, P and N.
Defoamers & Odour Controllers:
- Kuriflock and Contraspum® : Advanced silicone- based and silicon free defoamers portfolio with low COD contribution, fulfilling the needs of particular applications and meeting the requirements of BfR (Bundesinstitut für Risikoanalyse) and FDA and both for preventive and curative actions.
- Kurita/Ferrosolf® and Kurirazer: Specific products for real chemical odor control and neutralization and absorbers for unpleasent odour (e.g. Mercaptan, H2S)
Why choose Kurita?
We gained experience in waste water treatment over several decades and in various types of industry. Our solutions allow you to respect legislation and the environment and to reduce costs. Our aim is to help you improve treatment processes, while saving water and reducing sludge and waste. Wherever appropriate, we also investigate with you the possibility of reusing water and thereby controlling the whole water related field.
- To reduce operation costs
- To Improve water quality
- To optimize plant performance
- To increase water reuse
- To meet stringent regulations
Do you need support? Our qualified experts will be glad to advice you personally and individually.
Coagulants and Flocculants.
Waste water from industrial processes contains a number of pollutants which are present in dissolved or undissolved forms. Keeping to the waste water effluent limits requires mechanical processes such as filtration, sedimentation or flotation before water can be discharged to the sewage system.
The specific use of coagulants and flocculants optimizes the separation of suspended particles, solids and sludge from the waste water, which, without such chemical additives, could not be removed in the flotation or sedimentation processes.
Kurita offers wide range of organic and inorganic coagulants and also different Al salts for the removal of phosphorus, sulfates and other critical components (e.g. F, As). Additionally, Kurita’s special adsorbing agents reduces COD, BOD, HC and coloring agents in waste water treatment plants.
Besides the large range of powder products, Kurita also offers emulsion polymers, oil-free dispersion polymers, water based flocculants, ready-to-use solutions and new generation of acrylamide free flocculants.
Full range for the pre-treatment of drinking water complying with the related norms.
The demulsification plays an important role for an effective waste water treatment process. Only the effective separation of the oil phase from the waste water enables a trouble-free waste water treatment and discharge. Furthermore the volume of the separated oil, as well as the disposal costs for it, will decrease significantly when the water content of the oil is reduced. In some cases the proper oil-water separation allows recovery of the oil with high yields and marketable quality.
The use of Kurita’s emulsion breakers and the specific adaptation to your waste water treatment process will increase the effectiveness of your emulsion breaking system and finally results in an increased productivity and cost reduction.
In industrial processes foam is often unavoidable and has many root causes. Large quantities of foam cause trouble and can even jeopardize operational safety.
The specific use of the right defoamer breaks down the foam and/or prevents its formation. Our engineers are ready to advise you in the selection and application of a suitable defoamer adapted to your equipment and processes.
In many industrial processes and waste water-bearing systems, such as waste water treatment plants, demulsification plants, storage tanks and retention water tanks, unpleasant smells occur resulting either from substances in the waste water or by digestive processes.
Kurita odor absorbers remove smells, prevent the formation of corrosive hydrogen sulfide and can even absorb already existing bad odors produced by H2S.
Waste water treatment plants are unique because of the number of influencing factors: quality of the waste water, production processes, contaminants, plant design, etc. We provide solutions adapted to your special needs. We always investigate waste water problems from the beginning of water consumption until the discharging point, taking into account all factors.
Based on our experience and with the help of our experts, we develop tailored solutions to meet your individual requirements. We gladly provide personal advice.