Kurita NT Technology – innovative biofouling control.
Biofouling is a major problem for the efficient operation of an open cooling water system. Slime produced by bacteria can very quickly form a strong stable biofilm on heat exchanger, pipework and tower fill surfaces with undesired consequences:
- Fast development - can be within days
- Decrease heat transfer - 1µm of biofilm = 5 – 10 % less heat transfer
- Decreased Flows – increased pumping cost and lost production
- Blocked Tower Fill – reduced cooling efficiency
- Increased risk of high Legionella counts
- Increased risk of under deposit corrosion
Traditionally to control biofouling and biofilms, combinations of biocides and bio-dispersants are used at high cost and risk of increased corrosion
Kurita now offers an innovative alternative – Kurita NT Technology.
What is Kurita NT Technology?
Kurita NT Technology is a stabilised inorganic chlorine compound with many unique benefits.
- Low dosage efficiency
- Penetrates biofilm due to its low oxidation characteristic
- Is not corrosive to metal surfaces like traditional free chlorine and bromine
- Is non-foaming
Kurita NT Technology Product Range:
Kurita ON-SITE NT
Is an in situ generation system designed for large systems.
Based on Kurita® NT Stabilizer and Kurita® NT Active. The two components are dosed directly at the application site utilising a dosing system specifically developed for this purpose.
Is a fully formulated ready to use product designed for small and medium sized systems.
Benefits of Kurita NT technology:
The Kurita® NT system is a highly effective and patented system developed by Kurita for biofilm control in cooling water systems.
Preventing biofouling in your cooling system will :
Heat Transfer and Production
Pumping Energy, Corrosion, Legionella Risk and Chemical Costs
Kurita NT Technology & HydroBio® Advance?
HydroBio® Advance is Kurita’s online real time biofouling monitor which when used together with Kurita NT Technology, will give total microbiological control in your system.
HydroBio® Advance online monitoring unit will:
- Continuously monitor the development of biofilm
- Optimise NT Technology dosage
- Give real time feedback on dosing adjustments
Do you need support? Our qualified experts will be glad to advice you personally and individually.