Process analysis and geochemical modeling
Provide customized solution package
Long-term optimization in total operational cost
Overcome the natural difficulties of geothermal technology
Geothermal is a strong candidate to make green energy transition from fossil-based resources to renewables. In order to provide non-stop 7/24 sustainable energy generation in terms of heat and power, Kurita has a full product range to protect your systems from geothermal challenges.
Our innovative solutions prevent the system during the entire geothermal cycle, from the production site to reinjection.
We manage to treat
in a year
We contribute to
with geothermal source
Our solutions help to reduce
through geothermal utilization
What are the challenges of geothermal systems?
- Resulting in clogging of wellbore and production loss
- Causes a decrease of production and heat transfer capacity, energy loss, and increase of operational cost
- Affects the sustainability of the geothermal reservoir
- Resulting in damage of well equipment and even loss of well
- Causes damage on brine gathering system and plant area, increasing operational costs due to long shut-downs
- Ends up with permanent damage on the surface pipes and equipment
Chemical treatment is one of the essential applications of all types of geothermal utilization. There are different approaches to treatment programs, such as avoiding damages and performance enhancement techniques. Kurita Geothermal Technology products are accordant with the co-precipitation mechanism of several minerals in geothermal flow.
Why should you choose Kurita?
- Strong technical background in water treatment applications
- Well-equipped R&D centers in Europe and Japan
- Fast action in the field with the help of convenient tools
- Local production and supply chain by the global company network
- Organic inhibitors and dispersants for multi-functional effect
- Notable know-how from extensive field activities
Case Studies & Podcast
Geothermal plant saves 55M€/year with Kurita treatment
Turkish geothermal power plant solved valve blockages thanks to Kuritherm™ products
Hande Sile, Kurita Geothermal Product Manager, on CORE Knowledge Podcast