Biofouling is a major problem for the efficient operation of an open cooling water system. Slime produced by bacteria can very quickly form strong stable biofilm on heat exchanger, pipework and tower fill surfaces with really undesired consequences;
- Extremely fast development, can be within days.
- Low Heat Transfer Coefficient, 3 – 5 times lower than Calcium Carbonate scale.
- High volume – blocks pipes, tower fill, heat exchangers and instrumentation.
- Promotes under deposit (MIC) corrosion.
- Creates environment for Legionella growth.
To remove biofouling and biofilms, traditionally combinations of biocides and bio-dispersants are used.
An innovative alternative is Kurita´s NT Technology; a highly stabilized oxidant biocide based in high lock oxidizing power that results in a molecule which has almost no oxidizing characteristics.
What contribution does this technology?
NT technology is available as:
- Kurita NT 7470 : Fully formulated product and ready to use
- On-site Kurita NT Stabilizer; premix solution to use in the systems where sodium hypochlorite is already being used as standard biocide.
We encourage you to use Kurita NT technology products together with HydroBio® Advance online monitoring unit. The joined forces of these two innovations guarantee a total control of the system, and dosage optimization according to the on-time system conditions.
More information regarding Equipment:
Do you need support? Our qualified experts will be glad to advice you personally and individually.