Kurita NT Technology – innovative biofouling control.
Biofouling is a major problem for the efficient operation of an open cooling water system. Slime produced by bacteria can very quickly form a strong stable biofilm on heat exchanger, pipework and tower fill surfaces with undesired consequences:
- Fast development - can be within days
- Decrease heat transfer - 1µm of biofilm = 5 – 10 % less heat transfer
- Decreased Flows – increased pumping cost and lost production
- Blocked Tower Fill – reduced cooling efficiency
- Increased risk of high Legionella counts
- Increased risk of under deposit corrosion
Traditionally to control biofouling and biofilms, combinations of biocides and bio-dispersants are used at high cost and risk of increased corrosion
Kurita now offers an innovative alternative – Kurita NT Technology.
What is Kurita NT Technology?
Kurita NT Technology is a stabilised inorganic chlorine compound with many unique benefits.
- Low dosage efficiency
- Penetrates biofilm due to its low oxidation characteristic
- Is not corrosive to metal surfaces like traditional free chlorine and bromine
- Is non-foaming
Kurita NT Technology Product Range:
Kurita ON-SITE NT
Is an in situ generation system designed for large systems.
Based on Kurita® NT Stabilizer and Kurita® NT Active. The two components are dosed directly at the application site utilising a dosing system specifically developed for this purpose.
Is a fully formulated ready to use product designed for small and medium sized systems.
Benefits of Kurita NT technology:
The Kurita® NT system is a highly effective and patented system developed by Kurita for biofilm control in cooling water systems.
Preventing biofouling in your cooling system will :
Heat Transfer and Production
Pumping Energy, Corrosion, Legionella Risk and Chemical Costs
Kurita NT Technology & HydroBio® Advance?
HydroBio® Advance is Kurita’s online real time biofouling monitor which when used together with Kurita NT Technology, will give total microbiological control in your system.
HydroBio® Advance online monitoring unit will:
- Continuously monitor the development of biofilm
- Optimise NT Technology dosage
- Give real time feedback on dosing adjustments
This video shows how Kurita NT Technology helps to solve your cooling water problems.
Do you need support? Our qualified experts will be glad to advice you personally and individually.