Flexible treatment programs and boiler services for steam generators & heating systems.
Steam is required in nearly all sectors of the industry for different purposes. Steam is used as process steam, or as heating steam supplied to industrial clients and households. In power industry steam is produced to drive turbines for the generation of electricity. In order to ensure high efficiency of steam boilers an optimal boiler water treatment is essential. System disturbances caused by boiler scale, corrosion, local overheating or carryover into the steam reduce the operational safety and may cause substantial economic losses. Kurita therefore provides innovative technologies for boiler water treatment and boiler service to prevent scale and corrosion in the entire boiler system, including the feedwater tank, boiler, steam and condensate systems.
We offer a complete treatment program for a wide range of applications:
- Steam boilers
- Closed water systems
- Industrial and district heating systems
What kind of boiler services and boiler water treatment products does Kurita provide?
- Cetamine®: Innovative and comprehensive technology based on film-forming amines to prevent corrosion and deposits in boiler systems. Cetamine® meets the requirements of special applications like kosher food production.
- Ferrolix®: Traditional treatment program designed to prevent corrosion and deposits in all types of boiler systems. The products are available as single components or as complete, all-in-one systems.
- Ferrolix® A6060: Non-toxic oxygen scavenger to replace the use of hydrazine which is no longer permitted due to its toxicity.
- DReeM Polymer™: Awarded silica and hardness removal polymer for steam boilers
- Boiler services: Kurita provides a wide range of system optimization services, plant audits and consultancy by our experts to extend system lifetime and reliability.
Why choose Kurita?
- To avoid material damage
- To ensure optimal heat exchange without local overheating
- To save boiler blow-down water and energy
- To save maintenance costs
- To minimize potential plant breakdowns
- To prevent overheating and, in the case of carryover, risk of deposits on the turbine blades
- To ensure system lifetime and reliability
- To ensure optimal boiler service for your system
Do you need support? Our qualified experts will be glad to advice you personally and individually.
Cetamine® is an innovative and comprehensive technology for boiler water treatment. It is based on film-forming amines that form a hydrophobic layer on metal surfaces all over the system. Cetamine® builds a continuous barrier between water and metal, thus preventing corrosion without affecting the heat transfer. Cetamine® stands for state-of-the-art water treatment. This new technology provides an easy way to control the whole system – with just one product.
Even small quantities of dissolved oxygen may cause corrosion in the feedwater lines, the boiler or the steam and condensate systems. A complete removal by mechanical deaeration is not possible. Kurita offers a variety of volatile and non-volatile oxygen scavengers to remove the remaining dissolved oxygen. Specific products for the application in food industry are available, too.
Scale inhibitors / boiler scale prevention.
The formation of scaling in the boiler and especially on the heating tubes reduces the efficiency of hot water and steam boilers and presents a serious safety risk. Even thin layers of mineral scales can considerably reduce the heat transfer of the heating tubes. This usually leads to considerably higher energy consumption for the steam production or in an insufficient quantity of steam generated for the downstream equipment and users. Thicker layers of mineral scales can lead to local overheating of boiler tubes. If no countermeasures are taken tube deformation or even bursting might occur.
To prevent these critical problems, Kurita offers phosphate- and polymer-based scale inhibitors. Potential scale-forming ions in the water are bound, dispersed and then removed from the boiler by blowdown. This prevents scale formation in the boiler and on the heating tubes.
Alkalization of feedwater, steam and condensate.
Corrosion in the downstream boiler equipment is mainly caused by condensed carbon dioxide. CO2 in its liquid phase forms carbonic acid, which – by dissociation – reduces the pH value of the condensate. The result: corrosion.
Kurita offers a complete range of neutralizing amines for application in low, medium and high pressure boilers to prevent corrosion in the steam and condensate lines.
Based on our experience and with the help of our experts, we develop tailored solutions to meet your individual requirements for your boiler water treatment. We gladly provide personal advice.